Thursday, February 12, 2015

Unreal

The middle of February and it will be 74 degrees outside today. I've been wearing shorts for the past few days and it looks like I can do it again for the rest of the week.

Just came back from my yearly visit with my friendly nephrologist. (that's a kidney checker in my case) He says that I'm in great shape, kidney wise, and he won't need to see me for another 2 years. Exercise! That's what does it. It's good for every part of your body and mind, including your kidneys.

I have too many doctors. I like them all but still...I have a GP (PCA) of course and then a cardiac guy, two neurosurgeons, a general surgeon, an eye surgeon, a pain doctor, a nephrologist and an urologist. I think that's all? Oops, I forgot the dermatologist and the EENT guy. Fifteen years ago I had none. Unfortunately, I have had valid reasons for meeting these new 'friends'. I'm lucky in that I like them all. With a medical background, I can quickly spot a phony and I have met and 'fired' two phony's during the past ten years.

Speaking of phony's as I was; I think my abilities to spot one of any stripe will get a real workout soon enough; with Election 2016 already in first gear and moving out.

No comments:

Post a Comment