Sunday, August 9, 2015

Baffled

What can one say about last weeks Republican 'debate'. Of course, it wasn't a debate at all. It was...words fail me.

Okay, I do know that it wasn't entertainment; far from it. Also, it was not informative, inasmuch I didn't receive any information that would lead me to changing my mind about any of the ten 'debaters'. And, I do know that it was a waste of my time.

I was hoping, really hoping, that a statesman of his political party would emerge from the fray. No, it was lies from the very beginning. I only watched for about an hour and then I switched over to the live Twitter feed from PolitiFacts. They were doing fact checking during the debate and it was an ugly scene. This is what I don't understand; don't these politicians understand that we are living in the 21st century and everything they have said or done in public (sometime private) has been recorded and is searchable. Every database that records their accomplishments is open for our inspection. We don't have to take their word for it. we can look it up! I guess they are simply 'stupid'. (I think Trump said that)

No comments:

Post a Comment