Wednesday, March 9, 2016

It's too much!

I don't have time for this! I'm inundated by magazines again. I do this every 4 or 5 years. I'm coasting along, reading one magazine a week. Fine. Then I see a special deal on a subscription; only $1 an issue for 12 issues! Now I have two and I'm still comfortable. Once again the "can't pass it up" subscription shows up and now I have 3; but it's also a monthly so I'm confident that I can handle it. But, I'm an artist and I spot some magazines at the Art Center and decide that I need reading material that will speak to my interests. 3 more. Then one day, my brain decides to do some searching for memorabilia and I see Hemmings...an old car enthusiasts magazine. I used to be very interested in old cars and before I can stop myself I have subscribed to 2 of their publications. Now I'm getting worried. I have stacks of unread magazines. And yesterday, a magazine, "Modern", shows up uninvited. Where did that come from? To add to the confusion, a friend keeps bringing me his used Scientific American magazines. I love them, but where do they fit in?

I guess I'll have to wait them out and cancel them one at a time; at the renewal date. But you do know what they use to keep me? Yes, a much better deal than the first time. 13 issues at just 85 cents an issue! But only if you act right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment