Tuesday, April 24, 2018

First Nations

Another week, another month of high crimes by the idiot occupying the White House. There is nothing to say that hasn't been said about his behavior. He needs help but he will never seek it. So the day became much brighter when I got to the Art Center and found that the second painting had sold. I had offered a $20 discount if the buyer would take them both. It's really a miracle to sell art these days.

I don't know if I mentioned that I was studying art from the 1st Nation artists of Canada. I find it fascinating, as I find all aboriginal art. There seems to be something common to the art of Australian aboriginals, North American aboriginals and African aboriginals. I've started painting (digitally) in that same style and find it satisfying. I look back at my early drawings and it seems that I preferred to express myself this way; black outlining and bright colors with a central, mythical, subject. The artist that I watch for is Jessica Desmoulin,she is an Ojibway of the Pic River First Nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment