Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Oh, no!

First, the weather...Summer is gone. Disappeared. Rain has replaced sunshine and the heater has turned on for the first time this year.

Today is an auspicious day for us as sometime this afternoon we will be connected once again. Yes, I did it; I called the satellite service and signed up for service. After 5 months without a daily dose of televised reality, we are now willing to sacrifice our minds to the media gods.

No, no…I’m just joking. We are connecting but I’m determined to use the television for therapeutic means only. That means that I will block all of the network news, sports channels and Fox news. That leaves me with only the good stuff to watch! And it allows me to fall asleep while watching. (That is the therapy I mentioned)

I know this is a dangerous time to connect and it would be safer to do it after November 2nd. But, I had stalled long enough. We had already paid an electrician to prepare a space in a bedroom closet for the television, installing power and cable. And he had finished that work about two weeks ago. I couldn’t ignore it any longer and so I ordered the service on Monday, hoping that they would be so busy I wouldn’t be connected till next year. But no, they had this afternoon free and so we made the decision to rejoin the media world. But notice that we are putting the television in a closet. That means that we can always close the closet door if we need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment