Thursday, November 10, 2005

It's 6 in the morning

It’s 6 in the morning in Orland and it is 11:30 at night in Darwin, NT Australia. In half an hour it will be a new day in Darwin; Friday. Despite the fact that I made technology and it’s applications a big part of my career, I’m sometimes amazed by it. And that’s a good thing. I have been corresponding via email with an old friend that lives in Darwin and I received a receipt from my latest email to him, just around 4:30 or 5…so he was still awake at 11. On the opposite end of the earth. Yet we were communicating in “real time”. Sometimes it’s the simple things that can amaze you.

I just remembered another…my nephew was sailing across the Atlantic in a small yacht a few years ago and I was able to communicate (via email by way of satellite) with him. Now that was cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment