Saturday, November 5, 2005

Phone Call

We all get those calls from a robot dialing service. You know, the call where you pick up the receiver, say "hello" and no reply is heard for a second or two, and then you hear a click before the call is transferred to some hardy soul selling you something you don't need. If you're fast enough, you can get the receiver back down before the transfer is made and that's counted as a small victory against the telemarketers.

But today I was blindsided by a new weapon. I picked up the phone and immediately heard the voice of our acting governor, "Hello, I'm Arnold Schwarzen..." That was as far I let it go. The receiver was back down.

I hope that they continue to use this device, as I'm certain that it will irritate more people than it will educate. And an irritated voter will vote NO for Arnold's pet projects. Me, I'm going back to screening my calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment