Thursday, January 19, 2006

Clearing

Thursday morning and I can see the moonlight. No clouds. That’s a good thing. Yesterday’s violent weather was certainly interesting; wind, hail and lightning. But, it’s time for some sunshine!

I have the wood stove fired up and heating the house once again. It’s a chore and I dislike the ashes and the dirt that comes in with the wood, but the heat is nice. The builders of this house included a ventilation system that takes heated air from the area above the wood stove and directs it to the remote bedrooms. It works on convection (1.vertical air circulation in which warm air rises and cool air sinks, resulting in vertical transport and mixing of atmospheric properties. 2. Flow of heat by this circulation) so it’s not the most efficient way to heat a distant room, but every little bit helps and since I am still using the firewood that came with the house, it’s cheap. I have the thermostat set at 65 and I see that the thermometer is right at 71. The heater never came on at all last night.

Speaking of chores. I had a terrible dream this morning; one that woke me up quite early. In the dream, I was late for an appointment and everything that could possibly go wrong… was going wrong, making me anxious and very upset. What was that all about? Am I feeling guilty because I don’t normally worry about those things anymore? If so, it’s time for my subconscious mind to get with the program. I’m retired! I don’t need to worry about appointments!

The news looks like more of the usual, although I did spot this strange piece, France said on Thursday it would be ready to launch a targeted nuclear strike against any state that carried out a terrorist attack on French soil.” What are they thinking? What kind of terrorist attack? And how do you prove which state carried out the attack? Do you just lob an atomic bomb at the first country that comes to mind? Once the first atomic weapon is used, all bets are off. Just talking about the possibility of using atomic weapons can bring us closer to doomsday. I’m afraid that the current generation in power has forgotten just how terrible a weapon an atomic bomb is…and the French statement is similar to a dare, a dare that some fool may try.

No comments:

Post a Comment