Friday, February 24, 2006

What's new

Friday has arrived. It’s a quiet morning and I have not heard the 4 O’clock Flyer in the past few days. I’m beginning to think that my theory was correct; that the flight was somehow connected to the freezing temperatures we were experiencing.

What is new? The one thing that is on my mind is a splinter embedded in my right index finger. It is quite red and swollen, not a good sign. I need to leave it alone for awhile and see if the splinter will pop out on its own.

I did get a few things done yesterday. Odds and ends really, nothing major. I am in the process of refinishing a small end table that my daughter gave me. I added a few more strokes to my watercolor of an almond blossom. And I finished cutting out the first wooden “snowman” for Jill; that’s the reason I have a splinter! I picked some oranges and continued working on cleaning the pool. I added some of the trim (Base) and set the new/old corner cabinet in place. Then we went to town and I picked up a few items at Michaels; some metallic paint for gourds and a gold wax rub for the trim on that end table.

When I read that last paragraph again, I see a person who can’t focus! How many projects do I need?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:23 AM

    Sounded perfectly normal to me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sure! What part of "normal" don't we understand?

    ReplyDelete