Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Get Out the Vote

The wind has returned this morning, howling at the doors and windows and shaking the trees. This strong breeze ought to remove the rest of the walnuts from their hiding places high up among the branches. And it will probably cause more than a few leaves to fall. Wind, but no rain is in the forecast and that is odd. October is almost over with and even the long range forecast holds no hope for rain. Global warming?

I’ve taken a look at the news this morning and this caught my attention…
“U.S. officials, apparently caught off guard by the Saudi government's recent release of more than two dozen former Guantánamo Bay prisoners, are voicing fears that the men will join the camp of violent extremist groups.”

Maybe, just maybe… the Saudi government found them to be innocent? Maybe they were even given a hearing? And who wouldn’t be surprised that they might want to join a “violent extremist group” after spending time in Guantánamo? Even the fully innocent might hold a grudge against those who imprisoned them without due process.

And some of the local news also reminds me that it’s time to vote. There’s nothing in the news that would cause me to change how I feel about most issues and candidates. Living as we do in a “red” part of a “blue” state, we have a serious obligation to vote and cancel out the votes of a couple of conservative voters. Every little bit helps!

Also local… I’ve been working on the Plant Barn website and it’s finally starting to take shape. I found a good FTP program, that helps to get it on-line, and once I have the FrontPage software that I ordered, I should be able to make the graphics load faster. And I need to gather up all of my Plant Barn “images” that I have scattered across my “Desktop” and put them away in a Folder. At times this computer desktop gets as messy as my physical one.

No comments:

Post a Comment