Saturday, November 11, 2006

Pine Creek

During the past year or two, on our way to and from Chico, we have passed by a large expanse of native grasses located just east of Hamilton City. The grasslands are surrounded by a very expensive looking vehicle proof fence; not the usual farm fencing. We have always wondered what was going on there as it obviously wasn’t a farming operation.

Finally, there was a sign, a small one that you can barely read while passing by on Highway 32, but we made it out to read, “Pine Creek Unit…” So I Googled those words and came up with this link. The picture on the site gave me a better view of the river; I didn’t realize there was a bend in it at that location. I suppose I should use Google Earth to see what this whole area looks like.
And speaking of Google Earth, Kitty sent me a link to a Google Earth hacking site where you can see all sorts of oddities if you register (free).

No comments:

Post a Comment