Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Open and Closed

Yesterday; I’ve been to the monthly torture session. A regularly scheduled meeting with the rest of the Board of Directors of the Glenn County Seniors, etc, etc. I don’t do well with meetings and I’m still not sure why I agreed to be on the board. My plan is to finish out this year and then ask to become an ex-officio member. I think that ex-officio means that I can do the volunteer work but I won’t have to go to any of the meetings.

The meeting took a little over 3 hours to accomplish what could have been done in less than an hour if we hadn’t followed those darn parliamentary rules. When it comes to meetings, we really need the ‘benevolent dictator’ model for running them. Suggestions will be entertained, but only briefly. All decisions by the ‘dictator’ are final and binding.

Today; once again, the door to the internet opens slowly. Very slowly. Curse you, Direcway/Hughes Net! I’m sure it was because of the downloaded files from yesterday’s link to Blogger images. If you exceed your limited amount of traffic, you can get your wrist slapped…without warning. But, if you wish to upgrade your service, you are told that you will lose your email address and must start all over again. Absolutely brilliant! They know you are using satellite service because you have no other options available and so they treat you accordingly.

I better hurry and post this before the door closes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment