Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Driving

I read Time Goes By every day, along with a dozen other blogs by Elders. So, thinking as an Elder is becoming second nature to me. I recognize when Elders are being diss’d. (Is that a word? If it is, I don’t like it.) And I don’t like being diss’d. Some of the more common negative slurs from the youthful are those comments concerning the driving habits of the Elders. So let’s see how that mental process stands up to investigation. Insurance companies use vast tables of data to determine who should pay more for their insurance. Unsafe? You pay more. Safe? You pay less. There are no emotions involved in this data. It’s just numbers. Insurance companies charge more for insuring young drivers than they do older drivers. Ergo; older drivers (Elders) are safer. End of discussion. You still want to argue? Go talk to an actuary.

No comments:

Post a Comment