Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Rainy Day

Wet and wild. But it is warmer! The rain and the wind have arrived as scheduled and it’s very comforting to sit and listen to the storm while basking in the warmth of a wood fire.

According to the report… 100% rain, and the winds are 16 mph with gusts to 33 mph. Temperature is a balmy 48°. As soon as it’s light enough, I want to look at the Cal Trans traffic cameras for Fredonyer Summit and the grade down into Susanville. And be thankful that I don’t have to worry about that stuff anymore.

And outside, in the driveway, is a state owned pickup truck. It’s old and it’s broken down. We were out for dinner last night when we got a call from Bill, telling us that he and some other officers were leaving the truck at our place as it wasn’t running well and they were in ‘hot pursuit’ of an escapee. They would transfer to another car and return later to pick it up.

I don’t know how many officers were riding in the vehicles and I am not sure why they would be using an old pickup truck with a camper shell on it as a ‘hot pursuit’ vehicle. But, in my mind, I have this vision of the ‘Keystone Kops’ in action. What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment