Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Going Slow

Enough of that political stuff. Back to me; my favorite subject! And to my health. I am going to go to the park this morning and do 3 miles, slowly. The pain in my hip (Piriformis Syndrome?) is really bothering me now and I need to see if can do a simple and fast walk without the hip rotation necessary for a good racewalking stride and pace. (All those embarrassed by their fathers racewalking gait can now relax) I was certainly a fast walker many years ago, when I completed my first marathon. But, racewalking allowed me to increase my speed by at least 25%. It would be OK to be slower. I just have to keep telling myself that. New mantra...

The good news...The prognosis for most individuals with piriformis syndrome is good. Once symptoms of the disorder are addressed, individuals can usually resume their normal activities. In some cases, exercise regimens may need to be modified in order to reduce the likelihood of recurrence or worsening.

No comments:

Post a Comment