Saturday, August 23, 2008

No Kidding

I am lazy. That’s not a revelation. I’ve known it for years. And because of that I have either grown facial hair or I have not. My favorite form of hirsute laziness used to be a full beard. Not a razor in sight. I modified that to a goatee for awhile, but that required some careful trimming; that’s work. So it’s all off once again. The razor never stops in its travels across the furrows and plains of my face. Until the day I realize that I can avoid that work as well by growing a full beard once again. And I will.

But, hey! It’s only hair. Absence or fullness. It doesn’t mean a thing. It makes no statements. It’s only for my enjoyment. Like my old Navy tattoo and my more recent earring. And I’m thinking of getting more of those; tattoos and earrings. And some rings. I like rings. I only have two and my right hand looks sort of bare. I do have a bracelet; a silver one that I found in Taos and I really like it. Perhaps I should get another one?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:59 AM

    Like the new look. You no longer look like one of the Amish farmers in Pennsylvania. Not that that look is not interesting but I like seeing the face. Of course, you will cover it again. Variety is the spice and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One hopes the Amish looked better...

    And aging makes it difficult. Since my beard isn't one of those silver 'Colonel' beards and is instead, varicolored; I'm limited in what I can do - unless I dye it!

    ReplyDelete