Thursday, September 25, 2008

No Applause. Please...

I’m one of those rare people who can’t stand to watch anyone make a fool of themselves. I avoid public performances by amateurs whenever possible. Recitals? Spare me! American Idol? I would rather you pulled my fingernails out! Whenever the bell choir performs at church, I stare at my knees until they have finished and the last bell has been safely returned to its resting place. So, if you’re ever going to do anything embarrassing, rest assured that I will not be watching! (Perhaps I was exposed to Ted Mack when I was just a baby? Or, perhaps it was accidental exposure to the Gong Show?)


And so, once again, I avoided watching or hearing Bush speak last night. It was that ‘public performance by amateurs’ thing that has always kept me from watching him in action. And according to all of the commentary I have read this morning, it was a smart move on my part. And if his performance was wooden and his material ‘simplistic’, I suppose you could blame the advisors. After all, they have to deliver him material he can regurgitate easily. No big words.

No comments:

Post a Comment