Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Bah!

I certainly didn't need a computer problem first thing this morning. Nobody does. But when I walked in to the study* this morning, there was the log-in screen. Microsoft had visited me overnight. And as soon as I logged on, a 'Repaired' version of my very important Word document showed up. OK, I figured that the Microsoft shutdown had prompted that and so decided to see if there had been any damage. Oops! My mouse didn't work anymore and all of the hyperlinks I had built into the document had failed as well. Duh! The mouse didn't work…

Great! I tried to shut it down and that was when a window popped up with the message that, 'Word has experienced a problem…' and it would look for a solution. Of course 'it' never got back to me so I had to use System Restore to restore the computer to its previous configuration; the one before Microsoft meddled with my settings. And, yes, everything works as it should now.

*Study…it's actually a spare bedroom. But we always wanted a Study or a Library. Maybe we will call it the Library next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment