Friday, January 9, 2009

I Win

My battle with the flu has ended and I won. Sort of. My sense of time, my inner clock, isn't working too well as I spent so much time napping during the past few days and now I'm not sure when I will be able to return to a 'normal' sleep pattern. What I do know is that I will definitely take the flu vaccine next year and not put if off as I did this time. And why did I put it off? Because I dislike lines. Waiting.

As per usual, I was reading Time Goes By this morning and this time the posting was disturbing. It was about ageism and included a short film clip that was supposed to be funny. So go take a look at the article and the clip and then I can continue…

Oddly enough, what bothered me the most was the thought that I would have been laughing at the clip myself not too many years ago. How do we go through most of our life denying the fact that we all age? Some never do get it. And is it just 'whistling in the dark' when we make fun of elders and aging? Or is there a real desire to hurt elders? Well, if you spent the time and money that the producers of this clip did, you wanted more than whistling. You wanted to hurt someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment