Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Unbelievable

I was just reading the headlines and I saw that President Obama is losing 'clout' on the health care issue. According to the article, many Americans would rather believe the lies they hear about health care than actually read what is being proposed. (Does this have anything to do with the crisis in our education system?)

I have a bad feeling about this. If the Republicans manage to deceive the American public, we can look forward to a continuation of our slide downward in the rankings among nations when it comes to health care. We're no longer the world's leader in health care; in fact, we haven't been for quite awhile...the last time I looked I think we were 14th.

The only good thing I see is the fact that I will be dead before our health care reaches the level of third world countries, or I hope I will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment