Sunday, January 16, 2005

The rites of winter...one more time

If you read history at all, you will have encountered stories of how the rural Americans (Pre Television era) entertained themselves during the long dark days of winter. They looked at seed catalogs of course. And although we may be 50 years or more removed from those times, the attraction is still there.

I spent some time on line yesterday, visiting various seed catalogs, enjoying all of the pictures and the lavish descriptions. All of this has fueled my desires for an early spring, just as it once did for my great grandparents. And now I have my spring garden coming to me via the post office. I guess some things never change.

One of the more difficult items to find was seeds for the “Tigger” melon. I finally found some on the EBay site and so those seeds are coming from someone in Missouri. The tomatoes are coming from Florida and I’m not sure of where all the rest are coming from. But I’m looking forward to their arrival! Spring can’t be far behind.

Look at the post for January 11th and there is a link to Reimer Seeds that will let you see a description and photo of the "Tigger" melon

No comments:

Post a Comment