Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Wednesday Morning...Early

Wednesday morning and I’m alive. And what is new this morning? I have had my first cup of coffee, so my mind is officially in gear. Not that it’s moving very fast, as I can’t think of an answer for the question of “what’s new this morning?” Perhaps a second cup, with another shot of Torani Pumpkin Spice syrup will get things moving.

Looking at the headlines might help a little bit. And so will this second cup of coffee. This time I used some Vanilla Caramel Coffee Mate creamer with a shot of the Pumpkin Spice…very good! All of this makes me think I have come full circle in the coffee department. I began drinking coffee when I was 15 or 16, drinking it with sugar and ½ & ½. That was how my parents drank it and so I did the same. Later, I enjoyed drinking exotic coffees and espresso at the various coffee houses that were popular in the late 50’s and early 60’s. And in the Navy, I drank more and more coffee, all black at this stage of my coffee career. The Navy floats on a sea of coffee. After the Navy, I continued to drink black coffee, drinking more and more of it; sometimes 2 or 3 pots a day. Now here I am, 50 years later, and I am drinking sweet coffee with creamer. No, I don’t drink as much coffee anymore, usually 4 cups a day. But I don’t like decaffeinated coffee (what’s the point?) and will drink an occasional cup of the real stuff in the evening if offered.

No comments:

Post a Comment