Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Wind


As I mentioned in my walking blog, the wind is blowing today. But it was just a breeze in Chico when compared to the gales we're experiencing out here in the country. Keeping my ladder on the leeward side, I just finished getting more pomegranates off the trees and I found a good handful of pecans that had been blown off the tree as well. The pool is a mess, with leaves and dead roses littering the surface. I have given up on the front yard. There is no way for me to keep up with the leaves that are falling out there. I will wait.

And this morning, when I went out to get the paper I noticed that odd look that the landscape has this time of year when the leaves vacate and you can see...everything!

Here's a shot of a portion of the citrus harvest. And now it's time to start taking pomegranates apart.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:19 AM

    One pecan is plenty....they get ginormous (technical nursery term)...you need a....KUMQUAT!!! Oh and a crabapple...and a pineapple guava-just had my first bite of one the other day...YUM!The Little Red Hen has some pinapple guava and I plan on putting in a request for Kumquat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See? That's why I need an expert to help me with stuff like this...who knew? Now, will a kumquat grow in Northern California?

    ReplyDelete