Wednesday, May 26, 2004

I read an article this morning that spoke to the issue of “reality TV”. I know that some will say that there is no issue to speak of. And I think there is. This article, written by Michael Gordon (Pastoral Intern at Grace and Peace Fellowship, St. Louis, Mo) is well worth reading and should make you think about what you watch on television and why.

http://www.byfaithonline.com/CC_Content_Page/0,,PTID323422|CHID664018|CIID,00.html

I have to confess that my television viewing habits are not praiseworthy and I need to do something about it. On a typical night I will watch “Jeopardy” and then switch to the HGTV or Food channels. Once in awhile I will spend time viewing the History channel. Lately, I have returned to the PBS station but will leave again as soon as the pledge drives begin.

In our new home, the television will be placed in a separate room, away from our immediate view. I am hoping that by placing it there, I will be less tempted to turn it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment