Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Our hero!

I have been out looking for newspapers since about 5:30. It was around 6 when I found the Chico newspaper and it was a laugh a minute to read. One item caught my eye; a bulletin that Israel will be purchasing almost 5,000 “smart bombs” from the US. Since it is assumed that Israel has spies in the Defense Department, I’m sure that the munitions sales approval was no surprise to Israel. They probably had the check already filled out. Oops! I forgot; they don’t actually pay for any of these things. And I’m glad to see that we’re still doing our very best to promote peace in the Middle East.

Then I read the article about Representative Wally Herger’s trip to Iraq. I think it was entitled “How I spent my summer vacation”? No? Perhaps I was mistaken. In any event, Wally and a whole bunch of staff flew to Baghdad and spent some time in the “Green Zone”; that portion of the city that is surrounded by fortifications and troops. From there, he concluded that all is going as well as possible and how no one knew that it was going to be this difficult to bring democracy to Iraq. No one knew? Perhaps we should have asked an Israeli. And he also noted that we have “only” been there for a year and a half. He also took a helicopter ride and said that he noticed Iraqi’s waving from the ground as he passed over, and from that he was able to pronounce that they were supportive of the US action. Way to go, Wally!

No comments:

Post a Comment