Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Debate

Tonight is the night for the final debate between Bush and Kerry...more rhetoric than substance will be flowing into the nations homes. Who will believe them and what will they believe? The race is tied according to most polls...why?

I don’t understand it. It defies logic; admittedly it is my logic. Why would you vote for Bush? What has he done that makes you so eager to vote for him? He admits that he has made no mistakes. Or he can’t remember any…doesn’t that scare you? A resolute leader? Is that what you want? One who will march this nation off a cliff while being resolute? I don’t know about you, but I want a president that questions himself and everyone around him…every single day! I want a president that is brave enough to admit a mistake. We now have the largest budget deficit on record. The size of government has increased to record numbers, despite Bush’s vow of smaller government. He is the only president that did not cut the budget upon taking office. The list of his mistakes, failures and broken promises goes on and on.

Will Kerry do a better job? I have no idea…but I can see Bush’s track record and I know I don’t want any more of his kind of government. Kerry is a politician and will say whatever it takes to become elected. Just as Bush does. But I know Bush’s record and it scares me. Voting for Bush? If he wins I guess you will get exactly what you deserve.

Here is a good article from Salon that makes an argument for conservatives to vote for Kerry.
http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2004/09/10/conservatives/index_np1.html

No comments:

Post a Comment