Thursday, November 4, 2004

Chances are...slim to none

I was unable to post anything at all yesterday due to heavy traffic...so here is what I had hoped to post.

I wish I could say that I was happy about this morning’s news, but I’m not. “WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Bush's campaign declared victory over Democratic Sen. John Kerry and claimed re-election to a second term in the White House on Wednesday, but Kerry refused to concede until all ballots were counted in Ohio.” What a shame; the sheep have spoken once again. As I watched the numbers and projections on television last night, it was as if I were watching someone commit suicide and being unable to do anything to stop them. The lies of the Karl Rove puppet show have worked once again and now the re-writing of history will begin. Just watch. Remember, this is the same man who ordered the sealing of all past and future presidential papers within the first 30 days he was in office. Something to hide?

The chances of Kerry being able to pull this off are so slim that I can’t even consider the possibility. I’m not a Democrat and Kerry wasn’t my first choice…my choice was running as a vice presidential candidate for another party. (Peter Camejo was my preference.) I realize that my choice of candidate will never win, but I had hoped that the Democrats could rise above themselves and select someone that could win. It’s certainly going to be a long 4 years ahead for us. But, now it’s time to move on and focus on something else for awhile. And what will that be? Politics have so consumed us that I find it difficult to think of anything else. Hmm? That doesn’t sound healthy! Maybe I will recreate myself as country chef, curmudgeon and pundit; complete with recipes and photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment