Tuesday, November 23, 2004

More about Dr. Paul

What I found out about Dr. Paul was interesting and now I wonder why I hadn’t looked up his website before…I’ve seen his name posted here and there, but I had never read anything by him before. Or maybe I have and simply forgot it. Hey! I’m 64 and I can’t be expected to remember everything!

Here is a link to his website and a selection of short articles. I can tell you that I agree with a lot of what he writes and I also disagree with some key points of his. He is anti-tax and I am pro-tax.
http://www.house.gov/paul/tst/welcome.htm

I believe that we, a people, a nation, a world, have an obligation to each other. God put us here to care for one another. (Obviously we don’t do that very well.) I want to pay taxes to help care for each of us. But what I don’t want is for someone, someone I should trust, to use my tax moneys for purposes other than the public good.

In short; Dr. Paul believes in a direct approach; remove the money from the grasp of the crooks. This view hurts more than it helps. I want to remove the crooks from the money. This view is less effective, but it doesn’t hurt the innocent as much as the former view does.

No comments:

Post a Comment