Saturday, January 22, 2005

Blah, blah, blah

As I was posting to my blog yesterday I noticed, once again, that there were thousands of blogs out here in the electronic world. (I’m sure it is millions and not thousands.) And that made me think that, perhaps, there wasn’t any good reason for me to have one. I have always disliked being a part of any crowd and it is getting far too crowded; everyone, including me, is shouting and no one is being heard. Yet…where else can you have a voice? Letters to the editor of your local newspaper are restricted by word counts and who reads the newspaper anymore? No, I'm not asking for your opinion...I'm just exercising my voice again.

1 comment:

  1. You know when I was a young man I lived to avoid being part of the crowd, I eventually found myself part of the crowd that didn't want to be part of the crowd. I eventually became a hippie in the real sense, a non comformist (atleast to a point). I pretty much piss off everyone I meet at some point because my desire isn't to be liked as much as it is to be who I am. I can make no excuse but I will apologize for hurt feelings. I try (often failing) to conform my life to Christ so that I may abide in Christ. Sometimes conforming to Christ means being part of the greater society around me, to be apart of the liturgical (ministerial) life of the church, helping the suffering, the lost, etc.

    I like your blog because of who you are, certainly not because I agree with most of it's content. I hope you will keep blogging, it's on my favorites list. However most importantly I think it is most important for you to stay true to who you are. I think the kids call it "Keeping it real".

    May God continue to bless you and your family whatever you do.

    Ecclesiastes 1:2-4

    2 Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity. 3 What profit hath a man of all his labour which he taketh under the sun? 4 One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.


    Ecclesiastes 12:1,13

    1 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;

    13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

    ReplyDelete