Monday, January 31, 2005

Music As Propaganda

Music As Propaganda In World War I

As you can see, I was browsing far afield this morning. Not all of the images are present on this site, but continue down the page and you will see more of them. The text is fascinating as well. I happen to have a small collection of old sheet music and now I will be looking at it to see if it has any special value. I was planning on using most of it in collages, but I will check out this site before cutting any of it.

3 comments:

  1. Steve, perhaps when we invade the next country, Iran, Syria perphaps, you and I can get together and form a band singing songs about Killing evil doers and taking vengance on "Rag Heads" It sure has worked for Toby Keith. I am working on a song, "Osama messed With Mama" and "I'm Gonna Kick Your Axis of Evil". I figure any album that makes it to a contemporary Country station is going to go Platinum at the least. We might even make it to a contemporary Christian station if we include "The Purpose Driven War".

    Are you up to making some money?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that administration types today don't have the fascination with music as of old...and aren't willing to spend money for musical propaganda. They spend the money on other creative types, such as columnists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how many times Toby Keith has been to the White House? I think the presidents "Strategery" is a two pronged approach, one where the forces of good combine in both music and the media as uniters (not dividers) to end the evil doers hold over the peoples of the world desiring freedom*. It's hard work.



    *freedom meaning Sharia

    ReplyDelete