Sunday, February 27, 2005

Another day in the life...

Ah! Another day, albeit a rainy one…and I have already read the newspapers and explored the internet news for items of interest. Sad to say, there are far too many items to comment on. In fact, as I was reading the newspaper, I was thinking that it would be a “mental luxury” to have 4 or 5 people get together (myself included) every morning, just to read the newspaper together and comment as moved. Wouldn’t that be great? Everyone with a cup of coffee (to stimulate!) and all the time in the world to enjoy the flow of the news driven conversation.

A ways back in history, it was common to see that group of 4 or 5, sitting on the porch of the general store, all discussing the events that happened in their small world…But that isn’t today’s reality and so I have to pick and choose what I want to comment on. Sometimes, with a busy news day, it’s easier to simply ignore those feelings that make me want to post to this blog.

What do I have to choose from this morning? Standardized testing in schools: Bad. Almond crop won’t be as big as last years: Sad? State’s handling of parole violators: Mad.

OK, that’s it…I could go on and on and on. But I think I will just get off of the porch for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment