Monday, February 14, 2005

Birthday memories

We spent the weekend up in Lassen County, attending the birthday party for our youngest grandchildren...

The twins enjoyed their party, including the ceremonial eating of large amounts of chocolate cake. After all of the guests were gone and the wrapping paper, cardboard and paper plates were cleaned up and the new toys all neatly put away in the toy box, we all sat down to relax. That was when Abby decided to liven things up by vomiting all over her mother, her grandmother, into the toy box, onto the carpet and the carefully arranged stack of new clothing. So it was clean up time all over again. By the way, the cake had blue icing…Yes, it was very much a typical birthday party for a couple of two year olds. And Abby explained it this way; “I burped!” she said, quite proud of herself.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:02 AM

    Sounds like a perfect ending to a birthday. I can see it all now. This one made me laugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:33 PM

    Sounds like Josh and Darrah and I left just in time... Can't say that I am sorry I missed that part!

    ReplyDelete