Wednesday, April 20, 2005

A Great Day

What a great day…the sun is shining and the Lord has blessed me.

I went to school this morning with my grandson. It was only pre-school but it was still a challenge for me. The chairs are far too small! It was Doughnuts with Dad (or some other special person) Day and so Kyle and I got to break bread (doughnut) with each other. First, we had to make a commemorative hand print on paper. This involves placing your warm hand into some very cold paint and then pressing your hand onto the commemorative paper. The paint did wash off easily and the wash water was warm. Then we had to choose a doughnut and I was in luck, my favorite, an old fashioned cake doughnut with no accessories was in the box and we were the first ones in line. I scored! After that, I was presented with a magnificently decorated necktie to hang around my neck. Then we were off to explore the classroom, where (surprise!) I didn’t seem to fit? I ended up crouching in most of the play areas where Kyle wanted to show me something special. It only lasted about 45 minutes, but all in all…a very good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment