Thursday, April 21, 2005

Just Kidding

California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger publicly apologized Wednesday for his earlier statements that California should "close the borders" with Mexico to control illegal immigration, saying he had misspoken because of a "language problem.''
"The bottom line is, I misspoke, and I'm sorry if I offended anyone," Schwarzenegger said about his comments Tuesday to a newspaper publishers' group in San Francisco. "I meant 'securing' our borders, not 'closing' them.


"We have a great trade agreement with Mexico; we are good friends,'' the governor said Wednesday to reporters, adding "we are benefiting from these talented workers, so we have got to come up with a policy'' on immigration.

Even “Faux” News reported on this story… (I guess they decided to hire a reporter).

But there’s more to the story. The governor has broken new ground in the field of political apologies. “A language problem” will now suffice when it comes to backtracking.

Don’t get me wrong…I believe him! Who wouldn’t believe a man who has made millions by pretending to be someone he isn’t?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:28 PM

    He forgot to consult Maria!
    Kay M

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, Kay...he should ask her for his marching orders every day, promptly at 7:30 AM. His day and ours would be that much nicer if he did.

    ReplyDelete