Monday, April 18, 2005

Shave and a Haircut

After posting some of my thoughts to this blog, I started thinking about what that means…I have voiced an opinion and given it some small amount of validity by posting it on the internet. But is it really any different than the opinions that are voiced at the local barbershop? Oops! I forgot…that kind of barbershop is long gone. Oh, there are a few of the old style shops around, but not many. Growing up, I remember sitting in the chair against the wall, waiting for my turn to sit in the barber’s chair. There was no mistaking the fact that the shop was a place for men. I was surrounded by men, all much bigger than I was at the age of 8. Old fishing and hunting magazines were piled on a small table between the chairs against the wall. There were even a few copies of the Police Gazette, a racy magazine of the 30’s and 40’s. And while I waited, I listened; the opinions flowed like water! You were surrounded by them…Wow! Virtual Blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment