Saturday, April 16, 2005

Time is Flying

How quickly the time passes. Here it is; the middle of April already, and it seems as if the New Year just started a few weeks ago. If it weren’t for my daily journal, I wouldn’t know where the time went at all. And I do go back through the pages to see what I was doing and what was happening on certain dates. In my journal, I can go back to August of 1990. At first it was difficult to make daily entries, but over time I have improved until I rarely ever miss a day. It’s a great habit and I wish I could impress that fact on everyone. I can give these thoughts, this collection of rambling words to my children and grandchildren. The contents of a daily journal aren’t that important, in fact, from my perspective they are somewhat boring, but it creates a larger picture of who you are/were and what happened during your lifetime. I sure wish that my mom or dad had maintained a journal. And my grandparent’s…what a treasure that would be! With computers and word processing programs, it’s so easy to create and maintain a journal. So just do it…

No comments:

Post a Comment