Saturday, May 21, 2005

County Fair

Today we took time to see the annual parade in Orland and then visited the Glenn County Fair. We couldn't find any information as to the parade route, so we drove into town, figuring that it should be easy to spot...and it was. Like most small town parades, it involved high school bands, old cars, a sheriff's mounted posse, some assorted floats, a couple of local political figures, a dozen tractors and then a fire engine finale!

After the parade it was time to make our way over to the fair grounds and see what kind of exhibits they had. Since it was only 11, a lot of exhibits weren't open yet, so we headed down to the animal exhibits. We were quite used to the Lassen County Fair and when it comes to 4-H and FFA, Glenn and Lassen Counties look very much alike. We toured the sheep pens and the swine barn as well. At noon, the Fair officially opened and then it was time to visit the other buildings.

I was pleasantly surprised to see some of my computer graphic designs used on the Ag Reports from Plaza School. I must admit that they looked pretty good.

After looking at all of the exhibits, I think I will enter some of my things next year. Some of our roses could be winners...and stained glass wasn't even represented, so that's another one I could do.

I suppose I will have all next winter to plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment