Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Frontline

I didn't watch Frontline last night. I already knew what story they were going to be focused on and didn't want the pain of watching it. I actually turned it on for a minute and then the warning came on the screen, "disturbing images". And so I quickly turned to something lighter. I have been disturbed by this for too long already; I didn't need to add fuel to the fire.

The subject of their report was the "warehousing" of the mentally ill in the prison system. And that is something that I feel very strongly about and didn't need to be reminded of the shame we should feel as a nation by allowing it to happen. (It's also the primary reason for my distaste for Ronald Reagan, who was the person responsible for this.)

When will this nation ever grow up and take responsibility for its actions?
Posted by Hello

No comments:

Post a Comment