Sunday, May 15, 2005

Rainy Day

A strange day here in Orland. The sky is gray and there have been periods of gentle rain throughout the day...but it’s quite warm, almost tropical. In fact, I just turned on the overhead fan a few minutes ago to get the air moving and to (hopefully) relieve the oppressive humidity.

Now the fan is wafting a pleasant odor into the room; the scent of baking bread. I decided to rid the countertop of 3 very ripe bananas by making banana bread. Now you have to understand that I have never attempted this before, but I did well with the zucchini bread, a few weeks back, and how much of a difference can there be? I guess I will find out!

And if that goes well, I will consider myself to be on a roll (culinary-wise) and will make some cookies tonight. Ah! The retired life can be sweet at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment