Saturday, June 18, 2005

Bah!

Another rainy day. How am I ever going to harvest my garden if it continues to rain like this? All of the garden plants look as if they would explode with fruits and vegetables if only it were a little bit warmer.

And the orchard is somewhat the same. The apricots are just about ready and I have been eating some plums. But I have to report that the fruit is pretty ugly. You may remember the hail storm that I reported earlier in the year and that has scarred a lot of the fruit. If you can ignore the pits and blemishes, the apricots are quite good. Peaches, nectarines and pears are all scarred as well. Only the prunes seemed immune to the hammering of the hail, but they were quite small at the time.

It's time for another photo of the garden and I will take one in a minute...

No comments:

Post a Comment