Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Busy Day

Today is the day before I irrigate the orchard, so that means that I have to mow the orchard, allowing the water to move quickly across it in the morning. I got that chore done, plus mowing one of the front lawns and the one in the back yard. I cleaned the pool and weeded the garden. I painted a door frame in my glass studio and I cut my hair. And I harvested plums, a whole lot of them! Oh yes, I also lost a big branch of one of the peach trees. It broke under the weight of the peaches and I had to clean that up before I could finish mowing...we picked a bunch of the peaches and maybe a few will ripen.

The best part? Picking the plums. Taking a plum off of the tree and deciding to eat it. The warm juice spilling down your chin. Yep, it's the Garden of Eatin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment