Thursday, July 28, 2005

Good Idea

A friend sent me this following note and it seems to make sense. I have wondered, every now and then, what would happen if I collapsed while doing my training walks in the park. How would the EMT know who I was? (I try not to take my wallet with me when I walk.)

Following the disaster in London . . .
The Ambulance Services there have launched a national "In case of Emergency (ICE)" campaign. The idea is that you store the word "ICE" in your mobile phone address book, and against it enter the number of the person you would want to be contacted "In Case of Emergency".

In an emergency situation ambulance and hospital staff will then be able to quickly look at your mobile phone and find out who your first contact should be and be able to contact them.

It's so simple that everyone can do it. Please do.

Email this to everybody in your address book, it won't take too many "forwards" before everybody will know about this, and it will become an international practice.

For more than one contact name ICE1, ICE2, ICE3 etc.


You might want to pass it on...it's free, simple and sensible!

No comments:

Post a Comment