Monday, August 22, 2005

Monday, Monday

Monday has rolled around once more and this morning I am up just a little bit later than usual. My plans for the day don’t include an early rising so that’s fine. I’m intending to stay at home today and get some chores done. Tuesday and Wednesday will be my walking days and then another day off on Thursday. Friday and Saturday will find me in the park once again.

Do I have any special plans for the day? I’m cooking up ketchup right now and I hope to have it done around noon. And I have pear butter to make as well. Then there are more tomatoes to pick plus lawn mowing in front! I would say that there are plenty of things to do today. And I didn’t even mention all of the books I have to read. Retirement?

I’m involved in three books right now; A Generous Orthodoxy by Brian McLaren, The Fabric of the Cosmos by Brian Greene and Steering Through Chaos by Os Guinness. And I hope to see a copy of Come Thirsty: No Heart Too Dry for His Touch by Max Lucado arriving from Amazon this week, before our study group meets again. It would be nice to have read at least one chapter before we meet. And I couldn’t help myself last night, as two books beckoned to me at the Friends of the Library book sale and I picked up Primary Colors by Anonymous and Last Refuge of Scoundrels by Paul Lussier. Perhaps I should re-think my plans to join the Friends of the Library? I surely don't need any more temptation to buy books.

No comments:

Post a Comment