Thursday, August 25, 2005

Plans for the day

Now I have to buy some new tires and I’m not happy about that. I was really hoping to buy new tires with a new car attached to them. But...I also realized that I have a huge collection of coins available for just such an emergency. I had collected them for years, saving my pocket change and putting it in rolls. I think I have close to $1,500 in pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters. They certainly don’t do me any good just sitting in the closet.

My plans for today includes a stop at the grocery store to convert a portion of my change collection into real cash. I hate the thought of having to pay 8.9 percent to the CoinStar people for the privilege, but the banks no longer provide the service for free either. Then I will go to the tire store and buy some new tires for the VW. Also, I want to buy an air rifle (for ground squirrel control) and a power washer.

No comments:

Post a Comment