Wednesday, August 24, 2005

What a Day!

It started off OK; I was a little bit late getting out the door as I headed for Bidwell and a long walk. It was 6:45. A few miles down the road I heard an odd noise and felt the rear tire going flat. Darn! So I pulled around the corner onto Road S and pulled over to see. Yes, it was definitely flat...

I opened the trunk and found the jack and the spare. The good news was that the spare was a real one, not one of those skinny donuts that is usually found in trunks these days. But what they provided for a jack was laughable, although I certainly wasn't in the mood to laugh. I tried the jack...and tried some more. Finally I called AAA and waited. And waited some more.

By 8, I was on the road again, with a serviceable tire. Should I continue on to Chico and get my walk in? The temptation to turn around and go home was strong, but I resisted and continued on. And at the park I discovered that my GPS unit had a low battery. So I had to walk without the benefit of watch and speedometer. Ain't modern life a real trial?

The good part was the fact that I was driving the car and not Laurae...

No comments:

Post a Comment