Monday, September 12, 2005

I don't get it...

My daughter warned me about the "Tell it to the ER" column in the local newspaper. She said it would drive me crazy if I read it and it does...for the past few days, someone has been calling in and complaining that no other countries are helping the US in relief efforts for hurricane victims. Of course they are wrong. Over 40 nations have sent people, money and supplies. In one Mississippi town, the first aid they saw in 5 days came from a detachment of RCMP. (Canadian Mounties) In fact, 90 nations have offered aid and the US has turned down over half of those offers. The loudest complaint should be focused on the fact that the bush administration has taken their sweet time in deciding who's aid we will accept. I suppose these people who complain to the ER must live in a vacuum, where only their own voice is heard.

1 comment:

  1. Well, no one was asked to provide aid, they simply did it because that is what civilized nations do. Similar to the behavior of civilized people, no matter their birthplace.

    ReplyDelete