Thursday, September 1, 2005

It happened

It happened. I’m now 65 years old; an age that I have always been somewhat fearful of. It’s a magic number that divides the young from the old and now I have crossed over. Funny…I don’t feel one bit different. Shouldn’t I? I know that I look different, but that’s been a gradual process and it’s only during those times of reminiscing (usually when shaving) that I miss the “younger” me.

It just came to me…how to avoid the common pitfalls of old age. Avoid stereotypes and mirrors. Simple.

But, enough of me. What I wanted to write about was the very nice dinner I was invited to last night by my daughters. To be with our family was really a special treat. Kevin and Alicia, with our grandchildren, Karlee and Kyle. Denise (David had to work) came with our granddaughters Meghan and Shannon, and Shannon came with Josh. Grandchildren from the age of 5 to the old age of 21! What fun!

I will write about the meal and the restaurant in my Good Eats blog later today. But first, I have to work off the Amaretto Mousse dessert by walking in Bidwell Park this morning; 13 miles will probably do the trick.  

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:05 AM

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Brother! Glad to hear it does not hurt or make you dizzy or give you a headache when you turn 65. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Gramps!

    God grant you many years!

    ReplyDelete