Wednesday, September 21, 2005

A thought

Wednesday has arrived and I’m awake at a later hour. That’s good! And I have already posted my first thoughts of the day to my blog. This time I used the audio blog posting program and that was somewhat difficult for me. I don’t do well as a public speaker…and I feel like I’m standing in front of a microphone in a very large auditorium whenever I call the audio blogging phone number. It’s stage fright without a real stage. Perhaps I will become more comfortable with practice.

Now that I have posted to my blog, I find that I am unable to view my posting. It seems as if my satellite connection is lost. I have rebooted the computer a few times now in an effort to regain my connection, but with no luck so far. I have even unplugged the satellite modem, waited 20 seconds and plugged it back in, all to no avail. “Cannot find the server” is the only message I get. Very frustrating!

I just had a thought…and that thought is; what happens in an emergency? Will I lose satellite service? Where is the command center for the satellite service? I understand that my local loss of power would stop the service, but what if the power is out in Houston? Or Chicago? Or Grand Forks?

Ah, there's the service again...I can post this.

No comments:

Post a Comment