Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Fall

The weather is changing. This time I think it’s definitely fall. When I went to the park yesterday, the temperature was only 50° at 9 AM. But I quickly warmed up while walking. And now the forecast calls for rain today and Friday. Also, the leaves are beginning to accumulate in the front yard. The maples just began to shed their leaves, adding to the clutter of oak leaves that have already fallen. The walnut trees are still green, but in another month, they will be bare. It’s also nearing the end of harvest time as the last of the walnuts can only be found by searching diligently, and the pecans are beginning their slow and steady escape from the trees. The arrival of the crows will tell me when they are fully ripe and I will have to battle them for the harvest. I have picked some of the riper pomegranates and will begin the jelly making process next week. By that time, the rest of the pomegranates will be fully ripe and I can make some pomegranate molasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment