Sunday, October 2, 2005

Play Ball

Before and after yesterday’s walk in the park, I was in attendance at soccer games. First, at 8:30, was Karlee’s game, the Dragonflies vs. ???. Her team dominated the other and the score was 4 -0. I returned to the Chico soccer complex at 12:45 to watch Kyle and his team playing. Now, I’m trying to be fair to all of my grandchildren here…but I have to say that this was one of the best games I’ve seen in quite awhile. These players are only 5 years old and so the concept of “teamwork” is somewhat vague to them. But spirit and energy…they were loaded with it! There were mini-dramas going on every minute and all over the field. A dozen or more 5-year old boys and a soccer ball; what a concept! We were all entertained. I have a feeling that this is a magical moment in sports and that within a month or so, the teamwork will gel and the serious side of the sport will begin to dominate. Too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment